Fan Club 主頁   古仔部落格主頁   Louis' Fans Sharing   古夫人信箱   Forum 聊天區   DV特製短片   DV新聞區   DV相片分享區   公告   
 Louis Koo's English Blog   Louis Koo's sina blog   
現在的時間是 週五 3月 29, 2024 1:58 pm

發表新文章 回覆主題  [ 16 篇文章 ]  前往頁數 12  下一頁
 Please, give me strength to move on! 
發表人 內容

註冊時間: 週三 6月 13, 2007 8:53 pm
文章: 11
來自: malaysia
引用回覆
文章 Please, give me strength to move on!
huh...... my exam is around the corner.... i feel like i m not prepared at all... i m worried... everyone has very high expectation on me.... but i have no confidence at all.... this exam will decide my future.... that's why i m so worried..... in front of my parents and friends, i dare not show the weaker side of me because i'm always the best in their eyes.... Being a straight A's student since young makes everyone think that i can score this exam with flying colours too...
teachers expect you to become the top scorer and parents want you to study at the top university in your country.....
i'm so tension right now.... what if i didn't do well this time... all the teachers and my parents will be extremely disappointed...

trying to stay focus is my biggest problem.... nowadays, i couldn't find the word 'focus' in my dictionary anymore.... doing revision without focusing is equal to ZERO!

my exam is on monday! and my preparation is not even a half glass of water... :cry:

PLEASE !!!! GIVE ME STRENGTH TO MOVE ON!

週五 11月 16, 2007 11:25 pm
個人資料

註冊時間: 週六 4月 21, 2007 12:22 am
文章: 2274
引用回覆
文章 
Relax, samnayweis. 8)

I know you are now under a high stress and therefore you simply cannot concentrate on your studies. Perhaps you should find a quiet place that you may rest your mind. Don't be distracted by your mood further and try to catch up the progress of revison. Be confident, don't ever quit in believing yourself.

Wish you all the best in your future endeavor. Good luck :D

週五 11月 16, 2007 11:51 pm
個人資料
頭像

註冊時間: 週六 2月 17, 2007 7:31 am
文章: 1093
來自: Happy World
引用回覆
文章 Re: Please, give me strength to move on!
samnayweis 寫:
huh...... my exam is around the corner.... i feel like i m not prepared at all... i m worried... everyone has very high expectation on me.... but i have no confidence at all.... this exam will decide my future.... that's why i m so worried..... in front of my parents and friends, i dare not show the weaker side of me because i'm always the best in their eyes.... Being a straight A's student since young makes everyone think that i can score this exam with flying colours too...
teachers expect you to become the top scorer and parents want you to study at the top university in your country.....
i'm so tension right now.... what if i didn't do well this time... all the teachers and my parents will be extremely disappointed...

trying to stay focus is my biggest problem.... nowadays, i couldn't find the word 'focus' in my dictionary anymore.... doing revision without focusing is equal to ZERO!

my exam is on monday! and my preparation is not even a half glass of water... :cry:

PLEASE !!!! GIVE ME STRENGTH TO MOVE ON!

Dear Sam,

After reading your post this morning, it has left me with a very distraught feeling.. I have tried responding to your post but was unsuccessful. So the final resort was asking you to move your topic to Chatroom and hopefully, I can come in to share with you what I wish to say earlier..
(I think Tom moved both our topics to here.. Thanks Tom)

Anyway, Sam, you really had to let go and relax .. I know it is easier said than done but you really have to try.. how hard it may sound to at this point. There is no way that you can focus with all these thoughts going around you - what will this person thinks, will I disappoint them, what are their expectations??? Believe me, there will NEVER be a day when everyone is fully satisfied ...

We do NOT live to please others ... right now it seems that you are tied up with so many cords of fear - fear of frustration, fear of failure, fear disappointment etc etc ..and you keep winding yourself tighter and tighter in a way that you can't hardly breathe.. I am afraid if you go on any further, you will literally suffocate..

You just have to let go, take a deep breath or take a walk and blank your mind of every thought... believe me it works.. look at nature as you walk.. smell the roses... You may think that you do NOT have time for a walk but this really helps you .. this is where you need to be still and listen to your own voice ...

There is no way that you can cramp a year's lessons into a few days of revision ... Your mind can only take so much and you cannot "overload" your mind.. You will only stress yourself out and fall sick and that is NOT a Win-Win situation ... I do not know what your faith (religion) is - Do your best and leave the rest to God (or whatever your faith may be)... From what was understood here, you have been a good student, a brainy student so there you are - do your BEST and leave the REST to God .. you have done your part and there is nothing more that you can do .. Pressuring yourself will not do you any good ...

Revise all that you can and relax ... actually relax your mind and take it a little easy ... You are really very uptight at this point ... Remember, smile a little... you will be amazed what a smile can do... relax your face muscles, your mind, your limbs ... Just relax...

What I wrote here may sound gibberish to you, but whatever it may be, not doing "so" well at lessons is NOT the end of the world !! We do not need that many rocket scientists in the world !

You will have the "strength" to move on, just know how to use that "strength".

Take care, Sam, and keep us posted.

God Bless.

週六 11月 17, 2007 3:10 pm
個人資料

註冊時間: 週一 2月 12, 2007 2:41 am
文章: 2027
引用回覆
文章 
Hello Samnayweis ,

After reading through the content of your posting, I wish to offer you some guide line on how you may over come all your feeling of stress at this moment .

My dear, did you know that everybody experiences stress at most time of their life ? A certain amount is even good for you but too much stress can damage your physical, emotional, and mental health. Since it is not always possible to prevent stress, we all need to learn how to reduce it.

Having a positive attitude will help you assert yourself and feel more in control. You waste energy if you constantly criticize yourself or set unrealistic goals. Negative thoughts generally produce negative results. Instead of saying, "I can't," practice saying, "I can." You'll be surprised how much more you can accomplish.

Do you often feel rushed because "there's no time"? Why not regulate the pace of your life? Plan ahead. Make a list of tasks in order of priority. Concentrate on what's really important to you and drop those things that only waste your energy.

Hope all my words can be of help to you and always bear in mind..if we fail once doesn't mean we can't success the next round. Never be afraid of failure because we learn from failure to became more successful in the future, face your fear, put on your " War Amour "go ahead and conquer it with all your inner strength and I assure you, you will never fail. Believe me dear..go for it..flight real hard and you will ' Win ' .

This has always be my ways toward life; I never give up until I have a good flight,
I am always dressed with my ' Amour ' ...cos I am a ' Worrier ' and I have fought many wars through out my years. Hereby wishing you all the best and remember to be strong. Cheers !

週六 11月 17, 2007 6:16 pm
個人資料
頭像

註冊時間: 週日 2月 11, 2007 10:45 pm
文章: 170
來自: 马来西 亚
引用回覆
文章 
are u sitting for STPM?my condition same wiv u when i sat for STPM..i oso use2 a straight A's studen,bt in STPM my result is not good,so i din enter any local U..bt it doesn't mean i lost everythin..
u realy think ur parent ll b vy disappointed?if thy do i tink thy din lov u enuf..as long as u hav try best no1 ll blame u..d main poin is urself..is u the 1push 2much of pressure on urself..

凡事沒有絕對的,并不是說你考不进某个人人觉得好的大学就什么也没有了。。前面永远是有路可走,只要你不要钻牛角尖不会有绝路的。。whn u turn back n c(in future),2day is jus nothing,not big deal..jus appreciate 'now',don't always look backward or look forward.. dont put 2much 'force' on urself..

wish u get gud result in ur exam..

週六 11月 17, 2007 10:04 pm
個人資料
頭像

註冊時間: 週一 4月 09, 2007 1:45 am
文章: 955
來自: space panda team <UK base>
引用回覆
文章 
hihi samnayweis

it was such a long time ago when i last sat an exam, but i still remember the stress at the time (my own fault as im a 'last minute person' but i found it hard to concentrate if i had plenty of time....stupid i know)....anywayz, you've got this w/end to revise, i know it isnt as much time as you've wanted but you can still use these days to do as much as you can!!

i do feel for you, its very difficult isnt it when you've always done so well and so naturally you and others around you will expect at least the same sort of standard if not better...we always want to do better and progress, thats very normal, but its important to bear in mind that some pressure is good, it gives us the 'push' to do things. However, by the sounds of things, you seem to have given alot of pressure on yourself, of course your parents & teachers have a major contribution to this. Firstly i honestly think you should try to stop worrying about whether you'll get the top score or if you'll get into the top uni or if you've prepared yourself enough...no wonder you cannot focus with all these negative thoughts 24/7....you need to try and put your mind to the work/studies itself...dont think about what will happen or what the outcome might be...cos i tell ya, you're not gonna know until the results day anyway...so rather than fretting all the time which will affect your abilities, just try your best at it, im sure you're more than capable when you are not under such immense stress.

Secondly, yes if you dont do as well as expected your parents & teachers will be disappointed and so will yourself....but if you have given your best shot, theres nothing more you could have done...and im sure your parents & teachers will understand and will not think any less of you...so clearly you are an intelligent girl (oh, you are a girl yeah?? :roll: ), and sometimes i really dont think examinations are the best measure for assessing a student's knowledge on the subject...alot of the times some people just arent good with exams even though they are very clever (prob related to anxiety & stress)....and it's so true that it's not going to be the end of the world, there's so much more ahead of you...and you will gain so much experience from this...life is a neverending learning curve, we sometimes gain, sometimes fail, but do not let any sort of failures hold you back because you have so much potential and need to keep on fighting, you will realise the inner strength you possess and thats what counts...believe in yourself and never give up!!

Finally, i've spoken for too long man, wasted some of your time, but would like to wish you much GOOD LUCK for your exams, do your best and no regrets ok?!!

take a bath and relax too!! xx

週日 11月 18, 2007 1:37 am
個人資料
頭像

引用回覆
文章 
candy 寫:
hihi samnayweis

it was such a long time ago when i last sat an exam, but i still remember the stress at the time (my own fault as im a 'last minute person' but i found it hard to concentrate if i had plenty of time....stupid i know)....anywayz, you've got this w/end to revise, i know it isnt as much time as you've wanted but you can still use these days to do as much as you can!!

i do feel for you, its very difficult isnt it when you've always done so well and so naturally you and others around you will expect at least the same sort of standard if not better...we always want to do better and progress, thats very normal, but its important to bear in mind that some pressure is good, it gives us the 'push' to do things. However, by the sounds of things, you seem to have given alot of pressure on yourself, of course your parents & teachers have a major contribution to this. Firstly i honestly think you should try to stop worrying about whether you'll get the top score or if you'll get into the top uni or if you've prepared yourself enough...no wonder you cannot focus with all these negative thoughts 24/7....you need to try and put your mind to the work/studies itself...dont think about what will happen or what the outcome might be...cos i tell ya, you're not gonna know until the results day anyway...so rather than fretting all the time which will affect your abilities, just try your best at it, im sure you're more than capable when you are not under such immense stress.

Secondly, yes if you dont do as well as expected your parents & teachers will be disappointed and so will yourself....but if you have given your best shot, theres nothing more you could have done...and im sure your parents & teachers will understand and will not think any less of you...so clearly you are an intelligent girl (oh, you are a girl yeah?? :roll: ), and sometimes i really dont think examinations are the best measure for assessing a student's knowledge on the subject...alot of the times some people just arent good with exams even though they are very clever (prob related to anxiety & stress)....and it's so true that it's not going to be the end of the world, there's so much more ahead of you...and you will gain so much experience from this...life is a neverending learning curve, we sometimes gain, sometimes fail, but do not let any sort of failures hold you back because you have so much potential and need to keep on fighting, you will realise the inner strength you possess and thats what counts...believe in yourself and never give up!!

Finally, i've spoken for too long man, wasted some of your time, but would like to wish you much GOOD LUCK for your exams, do your best and no regrets ok?!!

take a bath and relax too!! xx

Ha..haha... I know I can count on you to talk to her/him .. I just can feel it in my bones that you will post and you are just the right person to do it !! Way to go, Candy .. do your job.. Nay, you are not long winded... look at mine 2 !! hahahaha... We just want to get the message across -
and I am sure that she/he gets it !! (afterall, she /he is a brainy one, right).

Hey Sammy, listen up ... we are all here for you .. Press On ...

Keep us posted ... I even hate exams at this age !! The word itself stressed me out .. Who on earth invented "exams"????

週日 11月 18, 2007 4:51 am
個人資料
頭像

註冊時間: 週日 2月 11, 2007 8:31 pm
文章: 750
來自: Down Under
引用回覆
文章 
Samnayweis

I don't know what to say but I have found this very inspiring video clip for you. listen to what he says towards the end of the clip. (before you get there, we can all enjoy a little bit of a laughter in our day :lol: )

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Qkas9mlMgE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Qkas9mlMgE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

"I have already gave my best, I have no regrets at all"

週日 11月 18, 2007 6:45 am
個人資料
頭像

引用回覆
文章 
Queen Amidala 寫:
Samnayweis

I don't know what to say but I have found this very inspiring video clip for you. listen to what he says towards the end of the clip. (before you get there, we can all enjoy a little bit of a laughter in our day :lol: )

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Qkas9mlMgE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Qkas9mlMgE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

"I have already gave my best, I have no regrets at all"

haha queen this is funny man, look at randy's face..oops in fact you can hardly see his face as it was covered with his lil hanky/towel/cloth thing haha....aww bless him, he had so much courage to go on...and all that matters is he gave it his best shot....
really hope samnayweis gets to watch this and have a laugh, at least it will make her less tensed even for only 2minutes hehe
thanx queen xx

週日 11月 18, 2007 11:32 am
個人資料
頭像

註冊時間: 週二 3月 20, 2007 2:02 pm
文章: 32132
來自: shanghai
引用回覆
文章 
.................看不懂 :roll:

週日 11月 18, 2007 5:02 pm
個人資料

註冊時間: 週三 6月 13, 2007 8:53 pm
文章: 11
來自: malaysia
引用回覆
文章 
thanx a lot for giving me advices... i think i was too stressed out at that moment... but i really appreciate your concern... now i feel better... thanks... i'll try my best in this exam.. maybe it's true that destination is not that important as long as i enjoy the journey....

週日 11月 18, 2007 5:51 pm
個人資料
頭像

引用回覆
文章 
samnayweis 寫:
thanx a lot for giving me advices... i think i was too stressed out at that moment... but i really appreciate your concern... now i feel better... thanks... i'll try my best in this exam.. maybe it's true that destination is not that important as long as i enjoy the journey....

Right On, Baby !! Now you see the light at the end of the tunnel.. keep going, you are almost there !!

Take care and God Bless.

週一 11月 19, 2007 1:55 am
個人資料
頭像

註冊時間: 週日 2月 25, 2007 11:20 am
文章: 7131
來自: Boston
引用回覆
文章 
add oil! add oil!
Angel is going to pray for you!
Don't give yourself too much stress when you know you are already doing your best!

圖檔

週一 11月 19, 2007 2:14 am
個人資料
頭像

引用回覆
文章 
samnayweis 寫:

hey
good to hear you're feeling abit better, its our pleasure to reassure you and for you to take it on board!! hope exams went well, thats right baby, enjoy the journey and remember your destination is in your hands...you decide where you wanna be...long as you've tried your best, you will be happy with what comes in return!!

good luck & all the best for your future!! xx

週一 11月 19, 2007 11:22 am
個人資料

註冊時間: 週日 8月 12, 2007 7:43 pm
文章: 114
來自: Hong Kong
引用回覆
文章 
if you get all the thing really, nothing to worry! clam down and relax.
it's isn't a big deal! all the blogmate here will support u, and u also
must have DV power. :lol: :lol:

週一 11月 19, 2007 6:05 pm
個人資料
顯示文章 :  排序  
發表新文章 回覆主題  [ 16 篇文章 ]  前往頁數 12  下一頁

不能 在這個版面發表主題
不能 在這個版面回覆主題
不能 在這個版面編輯您的文章
不能 在這個版面刪除您的文章

搜尋:
前往 :